We are excited to announce that our client Nuvia, Inc. has been acquired by Qualcomm in a $1.4B deal. Martensen IP Partner Barbara Courtney, who resides in Silicon Valley, has had long relationships with Nuvia technical folks going back to their respective previous companies, which led to our engagement with Nuvia. Our mission was to understand the company’s valuable patentable innovations and turn them into intellectual property assets in a short period, while at the same time understanding the company posture in the marketplace. We’re pleased to have achieved that objective. Congratulations, Nuvia!
- Why You Should Care About the Trademark Modernization Act
- Strange Bedfellows: IP Rights and Accounting in SBIR/STTR Grants
- Don’t Let a Vaguely Defined Employment Relationship or a Weak IP Assignment Clause Lead You Into Litigation
- DOJ Announces Sentencing in Scheme to Defraud Trademark Registration Owners
- A Practical Approach to IP Protection for Government Contractors